Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hand drawn Metroid map

I finally decided to play through Metroid and make my own map while doing so. I thought I'd share it in case anyone wants to play though it as well.

Well, here is my hand drawn NES Metroid map. The area where you find the Wave Beam is not included since I didn't find it in my first playthrough and I didn't want to cheat and look it up. If I'll ever find it I'll update the map, don't worry.

Enjoy...


...and here's the scribble I made while playing...

15 comments:

  1. Jeez, that must of taken a bit of work eh? Good work, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really good for hand drawn. That will come in handy for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember doing this kind of thing a lot as a kid. Now there is the internet (yet I still do it >.>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this game man, thanks for the map

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow cool, you did well. I made my own maps playing Resident Evil the first time (when internet was scarce).

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaa man, just did give me nostalgia XD
    I remember asi if it was yesterday when I did the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss those good old days of mapping out the game you were playing, even though Metroid did it for you. I used to love the Nintendo Power map spreads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cool, Metroid is definitely my favorite series overall. Nice work dude, niftysweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am whipping out my ipad. gonna play metroid on a SNES emulator~~~~ gonna use this map ~~~~ sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a cartographile, I can totally empathize with this posting. I love maps, no matter what the context. Good share.

    ReplyDelete